Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-4] Allow for paragraph-level line breaking

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 23:48:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think we're all good.

"Smart" is not a good name because it doesn't have any semantic
meaning. I like Koji's "multi-line" idea because it is more accurate
than "paragraph" (because I expect most implementations will do this
in a sliding window rather than for the entire paragraph)

So the new proposal is:
text-wrap: wrap | nowrap | balance | multi-line
initial: wrap
where "multi-line" is a synonym for "wrap" when applied to inline
elements.
Similar to "balance," the exact algorithm is UA-defined.

The conceptual difference between "balance" and "multi-line" is that
"balance" is intended for titles where "multi-line" is intended for
body text.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at