Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Add the ''lh'' and ''rlh'' units

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 18:37:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
While this copies the circularity-breaker of font-size/em in handling
line-height using lh, it doesn't address the new cycle we're adding
when font-size uses lh and line-height uses em.

We can either break this situation by making *both* refer to the
parent element's metrics, or by just making one of them refer to the
parent element and letting the other one rely as usual.

I think I prefer treating the em unit as slightly more fundamental, so
 that line-height/em will use the parent element's metrics, and then
font-size/lh will just rely on the element's metrics as usual.
However, I could easily be convinced otherwise by a decent argument.
We probably want to poll implementors on what seems best to them.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/602#issuecomment-262326276