Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] Should text-decoration-skip applied on overline and line-through?

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 07:08:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't think using auto as a magical value which applies ink skip to
underline but not to line-through is the right way to go, because that
 stops author from specifying any other values.

I think the two use cases outweigh the flexibility to apply ink skip
on line-through. If we cannot figure out a simple way to make them
work, I guess we should just say ink skip doesn't apply to
line-through.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/711#issuecomment-261463829