Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] [varfont] Applying a variation should actually clamp the applied value to the range the font supports

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 23:33:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, this would be consistent with what we do with unicode-range for
example - if the descriptors have a narrower range than what the font
actually supports, then we enforce those restrictions. Because the
stylesheet designer had some reason to do so (not liking glyphs in a
particular unicode range / not liking the bolder weights so preventing
 them from being used).

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/517#issuecomment-259839541