Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align] Add shorthands for alignment properties

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 21:34:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yeah, we absolutely need a `/` here. We use it in the other places
where we have ambiguous shorthands; it's not well-known, but it's
becoming more common (used thruout Grid, for example).  The syntactic
restrictions necessary to make it unambiguous would be too
restrictive, I think.

scroll-snap-align gets away without a slash because it's so incredibly
 simple. It's not great that we have to be inconsistent, but at least
we're consistent with things like `grid-area`.

(And I'm happy with `place-*`.)

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/595#issuecomment-257705526