Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries][css-conditional] else

From: Michael Mifsud via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 11:42:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> it is even possible for preprocessors to integrate the new CSS @if
with their existing one

I don't believe this is possible. Just about every part of the
proposed syntax collides with Sass.

The `breakpoint` and `supports` functions are common user defined
functions in all major preprocessors. Given I'm not sure if it's
possible disambiguate between the Sass and CSS `@if`.

Where as the earlier `@media (..) { } @else { }`, and by extension the
 suggested `@when (...) { } @else { }` is unambiguous.

> when the preprocessor thinks it should do

This comes off a bit hand-wavey, although I'd be curious to hear how
you think the preprocessor would know. This is something Sass has
talked about doing for `@extends` -> `matches()` some day.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by xzyfer
Please view or discuss this issue at