Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selector][css-ui] selector for overwrite mode to specify "caret-shape:block"

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 00:48:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Inputs and textareas today don't respect overwrite (at least in my
initial testing) - they always insert.  contenteditable does, but you
can opt into that switching with `caret-shape: auto`.

I don't *think* there's an actual need to tell what mode you're in?
(Leaving aside the fact that overwrite mode is the devil.)

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/133#issuecomment-221749233
using your GitHub account