Re: [csswg-drafts] Suggestion: "Overflow styling" / Scrollbar styling

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 00:25:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yup, adopting WK/Chrome's scrollbar styling has been suggested in the
past, but the other browsers haven't been very keen on it so far.
Without anyone else wanting to implement, there's not a lot of reason
to spec it.

(That said, I use the properties myself, to get less-intrusive
scrollbars on some personal projects.)

> This kind of value isnt ment to be in the overflow property, it
should be a styling option for the ":-webkit-scrollbar" pseudo
element:

You're right, it doesn't belong in `overflow` itself.  We have a
proposal for `overflow-style` which controls more aspects of how the
content overflows, but it's been slow to be adopted.  "overlay" hasn't
 even been accepted by the group yet as a reasonable value to spec.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/107#issuecomment-221746082
using your GitHub account