Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align][css-grid] synthesized baselines are insufficiently specified

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 23:17:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> What does "failing that" mean there? I read it as, "if there
are no grid items",

Yup, you got it. I've made it more explicit.

> Could you perhaps rephrase it as two separate sentences to
make that clearer?

I added a comma to separate the two instead, so you can't parse them
as one extended clause anymore.

> While you're here, you might want to change the use of "upper" and
"lower" line which doesn't make much sense in a writing-mode world.

Yeah, rephrased slightly.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/134#issuecomment-221735946