Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries] rename pointer/hover to main-pointer/hover

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 21:34:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This has been shipping with the current names in Chrome for quite a
while, so we'd prefer not to change it.

Also, it's a longer term without, imo, much additional clarification.
  It's fairly obvious that the unqualified "pointer" refers to the
main pointer when contrasted with "any-pointer" already.

And, establishing a main-* prefix pattern isn't friendly to future
cases where we design a feature with the assumption of only one
whatever-it's-about, but later realize that some devices can have two
or more whatever-it's-about's with different capabilities.  We
wouldn't have used main- on the initial one.  (That's what happened
with pointer and hover, actually.)

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/174#issuecomment-224735914