Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] appearance: none on <meter>

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 01:35:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yes, a few things, based on my statement above they seem to contradict
 each other since <meter> is a visual representation, that is
essentially its "operation". Yes <meter> can have fallback content,
but is this how it is actually used in the wild - even if it's overall
 usage is low?

Additionally, before making a change that makes them disappear we
should probably have a discussion on standardizing the styling of the
<meter> parts to provide webdevs with a CSS approach to this rather
than force them to use JS for a crossbrowser approach. I'm aware of
some `-moz` and `-webkit` based psuedos that allow you to target the
inner guts of the meter.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at