Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color] Device cmyk still needed?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:05:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I believe the print centric UAs that support cmyk will not try to
combine CMYK and rgb and do color math on them, and instead will push
all CMYK objects as CMYK into the pdf, and ditto for the RGB objects.

Here's a micro test: http://jsbin.com/texehe/edit?html,css,output

Prince produces this:
http://florian.rivoal.net/csswg/texehe/prince-output.pdf

PDFReactor produces that:
http://florian.rivoal.net/csswg/texehe/pdfreactor-output.pdf

Have fun looking into what these files contain (I don't know much
about how pdfs are built, so it is better I'm not the one looking
inside).

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/301#issuecomment-234031589