Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] Clipping of content that overflows a column

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 13:18:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Personally, I'd like absolutely positioned content to get a waiver on
being clipped or chopped up between columns. When I have absolutely
positioned content inside columns, it is usually for help tip type
things (positioned relative to a small span or hyperlink), which would
 work best if they could remain in one piece when overflowing in the
block direction, and not be clipped, not affect the height of of the
multicol box, and have a z-index and stacking context relative to the
whole multicol box (not just the current column) so that subsequent
columns don't cover it. There is no way to do that currently, and
different browsers do different things (which sometimes depends on
whether the item is near the top or bottom of the column).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at