[csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Stretching Fixed-size Tracks

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 21:41:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
fantasai has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-grid] Stretching Fixed-size Tracks ==
So I was just adding more examples to the Grid spec, and I think we
should revisit the decision of which tracks 'align/justify-content:
stretch' applies to. Currently it only applies to auto-sized (i.e.
content-sized) tracks. However, I do expect something like
```
  grid-template-columns: repeat(auto-fill, 5em);
  justify-content: [whatever]
```
to be a common use case, and the fact that all the alignment values
except `stretch` have their intended effect, and can be easily
switched among, seems odd.

In contrast, I expect wanting content-sized items to be stretched
while fixed-size tracks in the same grid are not, to be a less common
case. In any case, thoughts on this point?

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/320 using your GitHub
account