Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color] Device cmyk still needed?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2016 01:15:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I fully agree from a theoretical standpoint that it isn't needed.

On the other hand, it has been supported in various print-centric UAs
(either as `device-cmyk` name or as `cmyk()`), and therefore there's
content that depends on it  and I have a bit of a hard time seeing it
go away. I wonder if we should try to provide some backwards compat /
upgrade path at the spec level.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/301#issuecomment-231622988
using your GitHub account