Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Feature resolution and caps synthesis conflicting

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:30:08 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Also, while #1 is more expressive, I am far from convinced that what
it can express actually has legitimate use cases. I mean, sure, if you
 are writing a textbook about typography, and want to illustrate using
 a font that has smallcaps how comparatively ugly it is when you use
synthesized small caps instead of real ones, then maybe you'd want
that. But I don't think the ability to demonstrate bad results that
nobody should want is a use case we go after. If you want to do that,
do it as an illustration / image. This isn't a case where a separation
 between content and style is valid.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/259#issuecomment-231316405
using your GitHub account