Re: [csswg-drafts] HTMLElement.prototype.offsetParent leaks a node inside a shadow tree

From: Takayoshi Kochi via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 08:43:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thanks for the code.  It looks like the original behavior can be
emulated with the code or similar code, and also I missed you already
mentioned that we could add `composedOffsetParent` for the original
semantics (exposes nodes in open shadow root).  Probably not many
developers in the wild depends on the Chrome's current `.offsetParent`
 behavior, probably changing the spec earlier is better.
@zcorpan @hayatoito any opinions?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by TakayoshiKochi
Please view or discuss this issue at