Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-decor] `text-decoration-skip: ink` should allow not to skip for CJK and certain ideographic scripts

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 06:35:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This seems like more of a case for adjusting the position of the
underline, which the UA is already allowed to do, than fixing the
ink-skipping rules... If the underline is too close to the CJK glyphs,
 it already looks bad, even if we turn off skipping. Another thing
that is under control of the UA is how much ink to skip: it looks like
 rather too much skipping in the screenshot.

Personally, I don't think there is anything to fix in the specs here.
Blink just needs a better implementation of the existing spec.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/707#issuecomment-268946878