Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transitions] Transition to height (or width) "auto"

From: Craig Francis via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:00:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It has been suggested that we use `max-height: max-content`.

But trying to get the browsers to implement either has been very
difficult, as the CSS animations are typically done between 2 known
values, which is why animation usually needs to be done with something
 like `max-height: 500em`.

As an aside (and for some of the background on this), I've been trying
 to get browsers to support auto-height `<iframes>` and `<textarea>`s,
 which will work in pretty much the same way:

https://github.com/craigfrancis/iframe-height

https://discourse.wicg.io/t/feature-request-animating-max-height-height-based-on-content/1403

--
GitHub Notification of comment by craigfrancis
Please view or discuss this issue at