[csswg-drafts] [css-align] The 'alignment baseline' is undefined for Grid/Flexbox

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 00:36:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
MatsPalmgren has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-align] The 'alignment baseline' is undefined for Grid/Flexbox
==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-align-3/#baseline-export says
> The alignment baseline is one of these, usually the dominant
baseline associated with the shared alignment context. (See the
dominant-baseline and alignment-baseline properties in
[CSS-INLINE-3].)

https://drafts.csswg.org/css-inline/#dominant-baseline-property says
> Applies to:   block containers and inline boxes

So, it's undefined which 'alignment baseline' to use for grid/flex
items since `dominant-baseline` doesn't apply to grid/flexbox
containers.  (I'm assuming for now that it is the
`dominant-baseline:auto` behavior that applies by default. Please
correct me if I'm wrong.)

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/798 using your GitHub
account