Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Add <number-optional-number> type

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 18:00:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
OK, so you'd prefer if we standardize to have `[<type>+]#` instead of
`[<type>#]+` (which is what we're currently using in SVG 2)?

What about the cases where there are a fixed number of values, like
the SVG 1.1 `<number-optional-number>` values?  Any preferences?
E.g., this is how @nikosandronikos  fixed the viewBox syntax:
& simple.

Aside: I just realized this is going to be a pain in the behind for
spec-ing layered strokes, because when it comes to stroke-dasharray,
we actually *would* want a comma-separated list of space-separated
lists, but we're not going to be able to do that for backwards
compatibility reasons.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/385#issuecomment-243848234