Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries] Consider making device-pixel-ratio a standard alias.

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 16:05:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The "standard" name is resolution. If there is a strong enough compat
dependency on `-webkit-device-pixel-ratio` that non webkit/blink
implemeters find it necessary to implement it, we should add that name
 to the spec as well.

If there is a strong enough compat dependency on `device-pixel-ratio`
(without prefix) as well, we should add that name as well. But I do
not think we should add it for the sake of completeness or for
encouraging a non prefixed name if there is no compat dependency. A
profusion of names of the same feature doesn't really help anyone
(unless, again, these names are needed for compat).

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/417#issuecomment-241784963