Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-positioning] position: fixed within a stacking context

From: Markus Stange via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 00:02:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
>  opacity, position, mix-blend-mode, fliter: safari will crop the
orange box, while chrome & firefox will not

When you checked `position`, did you include a test for `position:
sticky`?
`position: sticky` does not establish a containing block for fixed
positioned descendants, but if I recall correctly, it clips in all
browsers except Firefox at the moment. (As an aside, I'd like to
change Firefox's behavior to match the other browsers', because it
makes the implementation a little simpler.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mstange
Please view or discuss this issue at