Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui-4][user-select] value is used value?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2016 09:51:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm ok with it, but a question is if author wants to set
user-select-contain: none to editable elements or textarea. If it's
not useful, we can just set to contain for such elements; i.e.,
>`input[type=text], textarea, [contenteditable] { user-select-contain:
 contain; }`
>correct?

It is probably not useful to allow editable elements to have
`user-select-contain: none`, but that means we cannot do it via the UA
 stylesheet, since people would then be able to override it. But
thinking again, that does not mean we need an `auto` value after all.
We just need to say that both `user-select-contain: none` and
`user-select-contain: contain` compute to (or behave as, if we don't
want to do it as computed value time) `user-select-contain: contain`
on editable elements.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/336#issuecomment-238190981