[csswg-drafts] [cssom][css-logical-props] Resolved value of logical properties

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2016 07:39:03 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
upsuper has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [cssom][css-logical-props] Resolved value of logical properties ==
There is a list in CSSOM spec about properties which should return
used value instead of computed value for declaration from
`getComputedStyle`.

The question is, whether their corresponding logical properties should
 return used value as well? e.g. `width` should return used value, but
 should `inline-size` and `block-size` return used value?

My understanding is that, the list exists purely for historical
reason, so we don't want to add any new property into that list, and
consequently the new logical properties should not be put there
either.

If that is the case, I think it's worth at least a note in the CSSOM
spec that "any other property" includes the corresponding logical
properties from CSS Logical Properties spec.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/384 using your GitHub
account