Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scoping] Support for CSS namespaces

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 17:46:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Personally, I like `@scope` and I think it covers all the style
isolation use cases. It doesn't cover the use cases where nesting is
just a way to DRY-up CSS though, so I believe we need both. I know I'm
 only one data point, but now that we have variables, I basically only
 use Sass for nesting.

As to author feedback, we don't need feedback, we need user (author)
testing. One of the tenets of usability is that users don't really
know what they need and asking them will produce bad designs. Of
course user testing is hard and costly, but in this case we can see
what they already do via preprocessors and frameworks.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at