Moral Values

Daniel, in your 2-pager
<https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2108/2108.12262.pdf>, this assertion
resonates strongly with me:  "... the set of trusted statements are
always grounded on moral values held by the individual."

However, I'd turn also turn it around and suggest that statements
uttered and written by individuals (including reporters and politicians)
are always grounded on their moral values as well.

 From my perspective, storytelling is what occurs when data are lacking
that speak for themselves.  That's also a fairly apt description of the
dynamics of politics and large government bureaucracies in general.

Such "narration" is facilitated, if not also required, by the lack of
records having the attributes (metadata) outlined in ISO 15489
<https://www.iso.org/standard/62542.html>.

In the case of U.S. federal agencies, it is reflected in artificial
ignorance
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/artificial-ignorance-owen-ambur/> of the
requirement set forth in section 10
<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/owenambur_open-machine-readable-government-activity-6751906006801903616-9nt1>
of the GPRA Modernization Act (GPRAMA)

That's my story and I'm sticking with it (until the need arises to
"double down" on it).

I look forward to learning what this group may plan to try to do about
the underlying issues.

Owen