More Contrarianism

Now I know why the CredWebCG listserv has been silent lately: My E-mail
service continues to believe messages from it are spam.  I just
discovered that again late last night.  Not sure how it got that idea.
Certainly not from me. Pretty ironic that I must check my spam folder to
find messages relating to credibility.

Now you know why I've been so quiet.  Here's another current story that
seems quite newsworthy to me:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/usa-today-fact-checker-daniel-funke-biden-watch

One of the "signals" I'd like to see is open disclosure of reporters'
political leanings or, at least, how they rate on Haidt's moral matrix
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_foundations_theory#The_main_five_foundations>,
from which their political biases might reasonably be inferred.

I'd also be curious to know whether each reporter believes in
affirmative action with respect to viewpoint bias, not only in the news
media but also academia.  Haidt views imbalance in the latter to be a
problem, which is why he co-founded the Heterodox Academy with others
who consider themselves to be left of center.
https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#HA2

There have been reports that some reporters no longer believe truth or,
at least, "fairness" is as important as their own perspective.  Fairly
or not, the remarks of a recent Murrow awardee have been interpreted by
some as such.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/lester-holt-george-stephanopoulos-don-lemon-chuck-todd-fairness-is-overrated

Even the likes of Bill Maher have begun to realize the risk associated
with the degree not just of polarization but particularly of the tilt to
the left.

The bottom line is that I remain strongly interested in the credibility
of Web content.  I look forward to rendering the group's updated plan in
StratML format, at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#CWCG, and to
learning what we might be able to credibly accomplish together.

I also invite you to check out my proposed 2.0 rewrite of the Serenity
Prayer
<https://www.linkedin.com/posts/owenambur_ndts-serenity-prayer-motivational-metal-vintage-activity-6838615001700302848-JZLj>.

Owen