From: Adam Sobieski <adamsobieski@hotmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2021 8:45 PM
To: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web); public-credibility@w3.org; public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: RE: Digital Press Passes and Decentralized Public Key Infrastructures

Michael,

Thank you. I will take a closer look at decentralized badges and the technologies which make them possible. It could be that the same technologies can support “digital press pass” scenarios.

As envisioned, one technical difference between “educational badge” and “digital press pass” scenarios is that, with “digital press passes”, a credentialing organization or authority could revoke an organization’s or individual’s “digital press pass”, e.g., if the organization or individual misinforms or disinforms. As envisioned, each credentialing organization or authority would have their own policies, express codes of conduct, and procedures, to which those seeking “digital press passes” would agree to abide by. These policies, codes of conduct, and procedures would be a part of the ethos and the brands of the credentialing organizations or authorities.

As envisioned, self-organizing, self-monitoring, and self-policing made possible by technologies under discussion would create the value of “digital press passes” for use by interoperating systems.

Best regards,
Adam