Re: [Agenda] W3C CCG 2024-05-07 - Parallel Signatures in Verifiable Credentials

Very interesting presentation, as always by Manu. Thanks.

I would like to share with the group something related to what Manu presented that I recently learned and I wasn't aware of. JSON Web Signatures JSON serialization allows for multiple signatures for a single payload (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7515#section-7.2). Moreover, it allows different headers per signature, hence each signature can be generated using a different key and a different algorithm. This is a feature that OpenPubKey leverages (https://github.com/openpubkey/openpubkey) .

Best,
Nikos