Re: personal AI

The therapist example triggered an interesting experience I recently had.

I watched an interview on the topic of AI with the Archbishop of Vienna,
a cardinal of the Catholic Church.
The interviewer asked him what the rise of AI meant for the Church's
understanding of human nature, and whether humanity's unique position as
the "pride of creation" might eventually be challenged.
The cardinal's answer was similar to the messages in this thread, i.e.
even if AI becomes so good that it's indistinguishable from humans in an
interaction, it will never itself "be human", feel empathy, love, fear, etc.

But then later in the interview he admitted that some of his priests use
AI for writing their sermons, and that he thought it was okay to do that
"on occasion" :)

Similar to the question of the social implications of interacting with
"personal" AIs that represent human beings: What might be the
implications of "divine" AIs trained with data sets from holy
scriptures, word of God, that sort of thing? Scary? Or no problem as
long as you "know" what's behind it?

Markus