Re: VC formats

I also found this statement about VCDM very strange, which is why I
raised an issue about this on this repo a week ago:
https://github.com/danielfett/sd-jwt-vc-dm/issues

I agree with Orie that "Selective disclosure is a property of the
securing format, not the data model" and that therefore strictly
speaking selective disclosure happens in ecdsa-sd, not in VCDM.

However, the way the slide is presented makes it sound like selective
disclosure is somehow not possible with VCDM at all, which is incorrect.
Also see the red X symbol in the above repo's README.

In my opinion, communication by the (SD-)JWT (VC (DM)) community about
selective disclosure in VCDM has been misleading / dishonest since the
beginning.

The other issue I raised on that repo is about their claim of being
compatible with the W3C VCDM v2, which I could not understand based on
the examples in that repo.

Markus