From: David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@truetrust.co.uk>
Date: Friday, 19 July 2024 at 21:20
To: public-credentials@w3.org <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: info about the “did:ebsi” method

did:jwk is an important method that you have omitted from your list. It is the simplest of all did methods to implement and use

Kind regards

David
On 19/07/2024 11:58, Giuseppe Tropea wrote:
dear Markus and Alen, all CCG,
thank you for your swift replies and help.

I am one of the authors of the NGSI-LD specification at ETSI, which leverages JSON-LD for Property Graphs.

We are now working on the second version of our security report for NGSI-LD.

I am compiling a section about DID Authentication, and I want to list a set of representative did methods that cover the most relevant trust architectures.

For instance I would mention:

  *   did:key (offline, no external registry/resolver)
  *   did methods based on ethereum or bitcoin (permissionless global ledger)
  *   did:sov (permissioned global ledger with trust governance and trusted steward nodes)
  *   did:ebsi (government owned network of trusted nodes, identifiers are bound to legal entities)
  *   did:web or dns (trust rooted in the existing PKI for DNS/HTTPS certificates)

Is my summary of the characteristics of did:ebsi and the others above correct?
Do other similar methods in the same area as did:ebsi exist?
Does a (different) did method exist that is a good fit for a “private dataspace” trust model rooted at the owner of the data space, who can in turn delegate trust to other trusted members of the data space?

Thank you for your work,
giuseppe