Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Questions about ecdsa-sd-2023

Hi Manu,

On the subject of those predicates, I’ve noticed this example: https://www.w3.org/TR/vc-data-model-2.0/#fig-a-visual-example-of-the-relationship-between-credentials-and-derived-credentials-in-a-zkp-presentation transforms a VC with say `DateOfBirth` field into another derived VC with `isOver18` field in the presentation,

Is there such a solution existing at this time or is this just a wishful example?

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Monday, 22 January 2024 at 16:57
To: Julien Fraichot <Julien.Fraichot@hyland.com>
Cc: W3C Credentials CG (Public List) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Questions about ecdsa-sd-2023
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Hyland. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 9:50 AM Julien Fraichot
<Julien.Fraichot@hyland.com> wrote:
> Thanks Manu for the detailed answer, I’ve also been having a conversation with Dave Longley on the github repo so everything is clearer now.

Good, glad it is starting to make sense.

>> Simple predicates can be done with static values. That is: "over age
>> 15", "over age 18", "over age 21".
>
> Can you elaborate on this? Is that a built-in feature of the spec/implementation – or is it by returning a piece of data such as the Date of Birth, the verifier has to implement a computational check?

Since we're talking about data structures that can be selectively
disclosed, one can imagine a verifiable credential with the following
selectively disclosable fields:

"credentialSubject": {
  "birthday": "1992-04-18",
  "ageOver15": true,
  "ageOver18": true,
  "ageOver21": true,
  "ageOver25": true,
  "ageOver65": false,
}

Using ecdsa-sd, the holder can choose to just disclose "ageOver18"
(arguably, a "predicate proof") instead of "birthday" (which would
reveal more identifying information about the subject).

Manu Sporny - https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.linkedin.com/in/manusporny/__;!!C8mu0vCj!bdmQsa5arC9_YPNHRPpayL7oZOdKk-5ruvULfDmfWGhqRNwSnhaGN42AzUUHBTHOSnBJ9IANAYrKs2W7RvziNNs9xII$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.linkedin.com/in/manusporny/__;!!C8mu0vCj!bdmQsa5arC9_YPNHRPpayL7oZOdKk-5ruvULfDmfWGhqRNwSnhaGN42AzUUHBTHOSnBJ9IANAYrKs2W7RvziNNs9xII$>
Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.digitalbazaar.com/__;!!C8mu0vCj!bdmQsa5arC9_YPNHRPpayL7oZOdKk-5ruvULfDmfWGhqRNwSnhaGN42AzUUHBTHOSnBJ9IANAYrKs2W7RvziEyvMjj4$<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.digitalbazaar.com/__;!!C8mu0vCj!bdmQsa5arC9_YPNHRPpayL7oZOdKk-5ruvULfDmfWGhqRNwSnhaGN42AzUUHBTHOSnBJ9IANAYrKs2W7RvziEyvMjj4$>

-----------------------------------------  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail -----------------------------------------

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any attached documents may contain confidential information from Hyland Software, Inc. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or of any attached documents, or the taking of any action or omission to take any action in reliance on the contents of this message or of any attached documents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or telephone, at +1 (440) 788-5000, and delete the original message immediately. Thank you.