Re: Breakthrough: Parallel Signatures - NIST, ECDSA-SD, and BBS

> Yes, and there is some AnonCreds tooling that now integrates the VC
> API into it. Do you have a link to your work in that area, Patrick?
> Others might find it useful to see VC API being used for other digital
> credential formats.

Here's a project where I made some experiments around this. This was a
while back before the AnonCreds in w3c work had officially started and I'm
now due to revisit to realign with the recent developments. There is a
fundamental challenge with the issuance process of anoncreds using the  VC
API. Unless the issuer is doing self-issuance of a credential (which may be
useful in some circumstances such as cross-framework supply chain use
cases), there needs to be some back and forth between the issuer and the
holder to exchange wallet-binding information in the form of a credential
request. This makes issuing anoncreds difficult from a simple issue
endpoint and will most likely require a method specific workflow where this
exchange can happen, similar to the DIDComm issue-credential v1 protocol.

https://github.com/IDLab-org/fast-anoncreds

Do you have a link to that specification that we could take a look at?

 Ariel from 2060.io and I put a fair amount of thoughts into this. Most of
the challenges were about defining an AnonCreds web registry and using
did:web: uris as resource identifiers. As some might not be aware,
anoncreds were originally designed with an Indy ledger in mind for object
storage.
We settled on defining a AnonCredsRegistry service and use a combination of
service and relativeRef query parameters to reference anoncreds specific
resources (schemas, credential definitions, revocation registries...)

You can find here a list of known AnonCreds methods as well as the did:web:
method we contributed.
https://hyperledger.github.io/anoncreds-methods-registry/#didweb-anoncreds-method
https://github.com/2060-io/did-web-anoncreds-method/blob/main/spec.md

In the next few months I will look into bringing support for this method
into the Aries Cloudagent.