Re: Reusing VCs in a safe and meaningful way

Hi.

This essentially falls either under an accreditation model or delegated authorisation.
Here are 2 sample data models:
- Accreditation https://code.europa.eu/ebsi/json-schema/-/blob/main/schemas/ebsi-accreditation/2023-04/schema.json
- delegated authorisation: https://code.europa.eu/ebsi/json-schema/-/blob/feat/ebsiint-7198/schemas/ebsi-authorisation/2023-09/schema.json

In the case of authorisation, we are embedding the VC, that is a basis for the delegation, in the Evidence property.

We’re using the following pattern:
- if VC-A is about the issuer/signer -> put it in the signature as signed or unsigned element
- if VC-A is about the content, we put it in the Evidence (can be embedded or referenced, depending on the use case needs)

Related question: https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/issues/870#issuecomment-1705205519

BR, Alen