Re: What platform do you use for this community list server?

Separate “community server” from “email list” and you begin to understand
why we’ve been working on the HIE of One Trustee(r) project as
self-sovereign individuals in self-sovereign communities.

Self-hosting any server, not just an email server, is a bad user
experience. Therefore, the community should:
- be paid for hosting, customer support, moderation, data brokerage
- compete for individuals as members (no lock-in)
- identify members by either email, mobile number or DID
- process requests in a standardized way
- issue authorization tokens in a standardized way

Although our chosen example is communities of patients with a shared
interest around health records, another example could be running a list.

A focus on the standards issues that are relevant to self-sovereign
individuals choosing among self-sovereign communities is different than the
general focus of CCG and related groups which seem to serve issuer and
verifier business interest. This has effectively driven me out of live
participation in CCG and related protocol WGs.

Now that IETF GNAP is stable to meet much of the needed protocol for
interacting with a self-sovereign Trustee as an agent of the individual, my
standards focus has shifted to chartering a new IETF workgroup for the
remaining aspects of presenting VCs as part of a (GNAP) request to an
easily substitutable (by any individual member) hosting and support
community. Please contact me if you would like to join a Signal group to
help start the IETF work. And, of course, there’s IIW in about a month.

Adrian