From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sunday, March 19, 2023 at 4:35 PM
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Youtube channel for CCG archives?
Hey folks,

We added video recordings to the calls a while ago. Since then, we've
been stockpiling those videos. We have around 80GB of video content at
this point and we'll have to make a decision soon to keep the old
video content around, delete it, or move it to a more long-term
storage area.

Given that these videos are public (and always have been), I was
wondering if anyone would object to uploading these videos to YouTube?
The advantage there is auto-transcription into multiple languages,
better accessibility via closed captioning, archival backup, and other
things of that nature. The downside being, it's a proprietary service
that could go away at some point (and we wouldn't have any other
backups). Storage is cheap, so we could probably just double our
storage limits on the CCG server and get another 2 years of runway for
a fairly insignificant cost.

So, would there be objections to uploading all meeting video to
YouTube on a weekly basis (including our backlog) to a "Credentials CG
Channel"? Any other ideas on what to do with all of this video content
we've produced as a community?

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/