Re: Selective Disclosure for W3C Data Integrity

> I agree with Richard’s observation that when we stop trying to copy the
> paper then there’s potentially a lot less need for redaction - but I
> suspect we’re in for a longish transition period, particularly for supply
> chain documents like invoices, waybills, and conformity certificates
> Yes, agreed. So, what's going to take more time -- transitioning the
> supply chain industry to rework some of their data formats and then
> get that deployed at scale, OR creating a new cryptographic format and
> getting it standardized at a global level? I don't envy either path.
> :P

Haha! On the first option I'm very conservative wrt
expectations/dependencies on industry to change. Supply chains entail a
very long tail of participants largely unwilling and practically unable to
partake in such ambitions. Common supply chain documents represent one
party's minimum data requirements to attain a well defined milestone; as
clunky as they can feel, they represent logical collections of data.

If you can give us an example of a VC that has the sorts of
> qualities that you feel are important? Perhaps a hundred-plus line
> item invoice, waybill, or conformance certificate? You tell us the
> mandatory disclosure fields and the selectively disclosed ones. That
> would be a good place to start.

The trace-vocab Commercial Invoice credential data model is a good example:
https://w3id.org/traceability/#CommercialInvoiceCredential

And a good use case would be Supplier Masking, redacting:
- The Seller organization, and
- All elements of type PriceSpecification

Nis