Re: Outcome of 2023 Miami Verifiable Credentials WG Meeting

On Tue, Feb 21, 2023, at 3:08 PM, Kristina Yasuda wrote:
> Below is the actual text that the WG reached consensus on during the F2F:
>
> It is a direction that the WG agreed to work towards and a lot will depend on the concrete text that goes into the specification. For example, we did not discuss in depth or pass any resolution regarding “parameterizing the proof type”.

Agreed. I tried to capture that nuance with "My understanding led to an expectation that the VCWG might register a parameterized form of the base media type,"

There was discussion of parameterization and I captured my take on the sense of the room at https://github.com/w3c/vc-data-model/pull/1014#issuecomment-1430076799

We started out with folks largely anti-parameterization, but after we adopted the base media type, at least a few people seemed more open to parameterizing a single base type instead of creating a plethora of arbitrarily different media type strings, since all of them are different ways to secure a VC.

-j

--
Joe Andrieu, PMP
joe@andrieu.net