Re: Question regarding DID method-specific-id

Hi.

1. Clear.
2. Clear.
3. Question is linking in the other direction: 1 DID per LE and multiple certs or VCs bound to it. DID (depending on a DID method) is usually more stable identifier that the contextual information of certs/VCs. To a DID you can bind domain names, Legal Entity info, attestations, mandates, ...
4. Do you plan establishing a DID infrastructure or not? If no, you can proceed as suggested by others (e.g., did:key) or include the certificate in the JWS signature header via x5c JOSE header claim.

There’s also a combination where an authority issues a VC binding the DID and a specific x509 certificate, although this might be suboptimal.

BR, Alen