Re: Question regarding DID method-specific-id

Hello Stefannie,

 From that documentation page I can't really tell what a "CordaX500Name"
looks like when expressed as a single string, do you have an example?

But basically a method-specific-id can be anything that matches this
ABNF pattern:

method-specific-id = *( *idchar ":" ) 1*idchar
idchar             = ALPHA / DIGIT / "." / "-" / "_" / pct-encoded

So it can consist of letters, digits, and the . - _ characters as well
as percent-encoding such as %20

You say the name is base encoded and then percent-encoded, but from a
DID syntax perspective, this feels unnecessary.

If the "CordaX500Name" can be expressed using only characters from the
list above, then there may be no need to base- or percent-encode
anything, and readability can be preserved.

Markus