RE: California can now issue vital records using Verifiable credentials

This needs to be framed or put on a tee shirt or something. This is a seminal moment for the community.

Congrats!!!

(e) (1) In addition to the method required by subdivision (b), upon request, a county recorder may issue a certified copy of a birth, death, or marriage record issued pursuant to Section 103525 by means of verifiable credential using blockchain technology.

From: Mike Prorock <mprorock@mesur.io>
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2022 8:58 AM
To: Kaliya Identity Woman <kaliya@identitywoman.net>
Cc: Shawn Butterfield <sbutterfield@salesforce.com>; Daniel Goldscheider <daniel@goldscheider.com>; Daniel Buchner <dbuchner@squareup.com>; Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: California can now issue vital records using Verifiable credentials

This is fantastic news, and is an excellent model for moving things forward on the regulatory side of things.

Mike Prorock
mesur.io <http://mesur.io>

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022, 11:54 Kaliya Identity Woman <kaliya@identitywoman.net <mailto:kaliya@identitywoman.net> > wrote:

Thank you to all the companies that contributed to support it happening.

Mattr

Block

IOHK

Lumedic

Symsoft Solutions

IDMachines

Our lobbyist Jamie Minor of Niemela Pappas &. Associates

and Ally Medina who headed the Blockchain Advocacy Coalition for most of the time and believed in our vision to get some legislation specifically about verifiable credentials passed.

It goes to show that when a small group gets together and focuses along with the right knowledge to navigate the political system good things can happen.

I hope we can learn from this and work together in other jurisdictions.

- Kaliya