Re: Open Wallet Foundation (and how it might fail)

There’s a world of difference between a user’s generic wallet and that
user’s client. The wallet tends to be a hardware security module often with
a biometric component and some payment features. All of this is generic to
any use-case and does not benefit much from domain-specific verifiable
credentials (education, healthcare, transport, etc…).

The user’s client is the entity that can add value to interaction with
issuers and verifiers as servers. There could be different clients for
education, healthcare, transport, etc.. and each could store or access some
or all of a user’s VCs regardless of which wallet is being used to
authenticate and sign an issue or presentation.

This perspective does not preclude clients that include an (otherwise
generic) wallet functionality. It does require that these integrated
wallet+client expose a standardized API at their wallet-client interface so
that users are not locked-in.

Adrian