Re: Verifiable Credentials as Authorization Anti-Pattern (was Re: Funded Deployments of Verifiable Credentials - framework for meta-credentials)

David C said

“ I am asserting that with an appropriate schema a VC can be specified to be a capability.”

Dave L said

“ This is the core problem with trying to shoehorn authorizations into VCs. “

I offer this

With appropriate changes, you can always take several different “things” and turn them into one “do-any-thing” - but in my 20 years as an enterprise architect I’ve never once seen that strategy pay off.  It’s always better to have a dozen nimble and loosely coupled systems, each doing one thing well, that it is to try to shoe-horn them all into an ERP or CRM based configuration monster.

So my instinctive sympathies certainly lie with Dave L

Kind regards

Steven Capell
Mob: 0410 437854