Re: Trying to understand FIPS Compliance vs Selective disclosure

FIPS (and signature agility) was a major motivating factor for
creating that suite.

Here is another one to keep an eye on:
https://github.com/oauth-wg/oauth-selective-disclosure-jwt

Both rely on traditional digital signatures and hashing (HMAC or Merkle
Proofs).

A related area are hash based signature schemes which have been reviewed by
NIST, such as XMSS, LMS.

https://nvlpubs.nist.gov/nistpubs/SpecialPublications/NIST.SP.800-208.pdf

And Sphincs:

https://csrc.nist.gov/CSRC/media/Presentations/SPHINCS/images-media/SPHINCS-Plus-April2018.pdf

My untested assumption is that both merkle proof and hmac systems that rely
on approved hash functions and approved digital signature algorithms would
meet requirements.

But I have not heard a conclusive yes or no to this question.

Regards,

OS

--
*ORIE STEELE*