Re: Multi-signature Verifiable Credentials

I would love to understand what customers are asking for to translate this
logic into human needs.

Because we are facing a situation where credentials have had the Presidents
signature on them(physically) and that was a verification mechanism in this
ecosystem. But in reality, adding this signature together with the
institute signature inside the VC, will add a potential future dissonance.
Because the President might have quit, and it might not make sense any
more. Unless you mix in timestamps and so on.

What I have been reasoning about is the question, does this signature need
external auditability? Yes? Put it in the VC. No? Leave it.
While for most cases, the institute signature is enough, and if one ever
wants to dispute a credential, there is an internal audit that has to make
sure it was not a bad actor move or something else.

What are your thoughts on this?

Also why Im trying to learn what real live customers are asking for and
what mental model I can wrap around what we are discussing here.
ᐧ

--

*Snorre Lothar von Gohren Edwin*
Co-Founder & CTO, Diwala