From: Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2022 8:52 AM
To: John, Anil <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov>
Cc: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Suggested Reading (was: Applications of DIDs to Federated Social Media)

A downside of the fediverse model is having so many potential servers used for impersonation... Some folks are already reporting issues with this:

https://twitter.com/CISAJen/status/1595114055588810752

OS

On Mon, Nov 28, 2022 at 10:17 AM John, Anil <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov <mailto:anil.john@hq.dhs.gov> > wrote:

Interesting to note the active presence of both W3C (https://w3c.social) and the European Union (https://social.network.europa.eu) on Mastodon/Fediverse!

W3C ActivityPub https://www.w3.org/TR/activitypub/ is very much meeting the moment and is a testament to the foundational work of the W3C Social Web Working Group!

Best Regards,

Anil

Anil John

Technical Director, Silicon Valley Innovation Program

Science and Technology Directorate

US Department of Homeland Security

Washington, DC, USA

Email Response Time – 24 Hours