Re: Indexing/searching a corpus of (decentralized) self-sovereign data

As Alex has pointed out on this thread, DID URLs can be used for more
than just DID documents.

A DID URL (DID + optional path + optional query + optional fragment) can
potentially be dereferenced to any kind of resource, whether it's an
on-ledger object, or something in a DWN, or elsewhere.

It's true that there is no single, "standardized" mechanism for how DID
URLs work. It's up to DID methods (such as did:cheqd) and/or specific
applications (such as DWNs) to define the meaning and dereferencing
rules for certain DID URL patterns.

The idea is that DID URLs can "inherit" some desirable properties of
DIDs, such as decentralization, persistence, verifiability.

Markus