Re: GS1 Verifiable Credentials - White Paper on Data Model and Validations

> On Tue, Nov 8, 2022, 8:13 PM Kevin Dean <kevin.dean@gs1.org> wrote:
>> GS1 has released “GS1 Verifiable Credentials – White Paper on Data Model and Validations” version 1.0, available https://ref.gs1.org/gs1/vc-data-model/. This is an early-stage white paper describing data models and validations proposed for implementation of Verifiable Credentials within the GS1 system. The primary focus of the work effort was on the viability of representing GS1 licensing and data declaration models in Verifiable Credentials and, as such, simplicity was prioritized over robustness.

For those of you that might not know, GS1 is the global standards
setting body for product barcodes, shipping and supply chain logistics
tracking, and a variety of other things on which we all depend to
manufacture, transport, and purchase safe food, safe drinks, and safe
medicine. Every time you hear a "beep" at the checkout counter...
that's GS1 standards in action. They're exploring the use of
Verifiable Credentials to further secure and enhance the world's
supply chains... this is a very big deal.

+1 -- really fantastic work Kevin, Phil, and all of those that are
involved in creating that document. I'm particularly impressed by the
attention to detail, solid data modelling practices, and the expansive
GS1 Vocabulary:

https://www.gs1.org/voc/

along with the GS1 Digital Link mechanism, which provides links to
more data published by the creator of the product. Do you have some
examples of how GS1 Verifiable Credentials carry information that is
then linked to GS1 Digital Link? Is that data machine readable as
well? If so, how?

Again, great work -- very excited to see GS1 investing in exploring
this technology!

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/